Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The Miracle of Self Forgiveness

Our hearts melted into one another’s in instant recognition during that first hug. Two bodies reunited after 36 years...two spirits that had never been separated. The gap of time was instantly filled during that one moment of reunion. The bond of mother and daughter can never be broken. Only shame, guilt and remorse fed the fire of apparent separation. Only forgiveness would dowse the flames and complete the circle of love.



Thirty-six years before, I had given birth to my first daughter and then released her for adoption. Suffering from a heart broken by the decision to honor my parents’ wishes that I not marry my first love, I emerged from being an "unwed mother" with emotional scars so great that my only defense was to bury them deeply, pi View the rest of this article


No comments: