Wednesday, December 12, 2007

How Do I Make My Dozen Roses Look Right?

When I first started to design flowers I often heard how designers had difficulty making a dozen roses look nice. That it was hard to keep the roses in place. But it is really very easy to do if you know a few simple basics.
1) First prepare the rose by taking off the bottom half of the leaves and popping off the thorns. Most people prefer the thorns off but as much as possible I leave the thorns on. This is because taking them off can leave open wounds and may allow microbial bacteria to enter and shorten the life of the flower.
2) Cut the rose stem slantwise under water (so they don’t get an air pocket that prevents them from drinking) and place in small bucket or vase that has warm water and flower food.
3) Make sure you have the right size vase. Too s View the rest of this article


No comments: