Saturday, January 5, 2008

Tight Lines, Writers!

“Tight lines” is a good luck wish among fishermen. When you’ve hooked a fish, your line tightens up.
I was musing on this expression as my husband critiqued my lousy casting skills on our latest fishing expedition. Anthony’s as accurate a caster as they come. He can pinpoint a particular far-away reed and cast an inch in front of it.
We were going for bass, and he explained that bass like to hide out on the perimeters of a lake, under rocks and in between plants. Problem is, I can’t pinpoint anything. I aim my pole right and the line somehow flies left. I aim fifty feet away and it somehow shoots straight up in the air and plunks down five feet in front of the boat.
Fishing is part plain luck, but there’s a lot of strategizing to it, too. You have to pick View the rest of this article


No comments: